Read also: China defends Wuhan pool party after viral video prompts outrageSchools have been ordered to stock up on disease control equipment and to carry out drills and training sessions to help prepare for new outbreaks. They must also restrict unnecessary mass gatherings, and submit daily reports to health authorities.Foreign students and teachers who have not received notice from their school will not be allowed to return, it said.The central Chinese city, where the COVID-19 epidemic is believed to have originated, was locked down for more than two months from late January. The city’s death toll of 3,869 accounts for more than 80 percent of China’s total.Wuhan has been steadily returning to normal since April, when the lockdown was lifted, and it has not reported any new local transmissions of the coronavirus since May 18.Topics : Wuhan, Ground Zero for the COVID-19 pandemic and the Chinese city hardest hit by the coronavirus, will reopen all its schools and kindergartens on Tuesday, local authorities said.As many as 2,842 educational institutions across the city are set to open their doors to almost 1.4 million students when the autumn semester gets underway, the local government announced on Friday. Wuhan University reopened on Monday.The city said it has drawn up emergency plans to switch back to online teaching should risk levels change. It advised students to wear masks to and from school and avoid public transportation if possible.
Image courtesy of Peru LNGLiquefied natural gas (LNG) exports from the Peruvian first and only facility at Pampa Melchorita have resumed following a pipeline rupture earlier this month.The pipeline, which transports fuel from the Camisea gas fields in the Peruvian jungle to the Pacific Coast, burst on February 3 because of a landslide amid heavy rains in the Cusco region.According to the shipping data provided by the state-owned Perupetro, LNG carrier Barcelona Knutsen left the Peru liquefaction facility on Monday carrying 170,999 cubic meters of LNG.The LNG carrier is heading towards South Korea.This is only the second cargo to leave the facility in February following the departure of the Bilbao Knutsen on February 5 to Spain.Peru LNG sent out five cargoes in January, two to Japan and Spain, each, while one shipment went to South Korea.The LNG export facility shipped 445 vessels in total since it started operations in June 2010.Peru LNG is owned by a consortium of Hunt Oil Company (50%), SK Energy (20%), Shell (20%), and Marubeni (10%). LNG World News Staff
Loading… UEFA’s plan to complete the Champions League and Europa League continues. The plan says that they will be played throughout the month of August once the leagues are done in July. The Champions League is set to return in August. UEFA have an idea which is to end the season by the end of August. Therefore, the domestic leagues need to be completed by the end of July. The proposal is for the remaining last 16 games to be played in the first week of the month. On 26th and 29th August, Gdansk and Istanbul will host the Europa League and Champions League finals respectively. ‘Marca’ says that they will try and stick to that instead of playing both the finals at the same venue.Advertisement UEFA president Aleksander Ceferin Read Also: FIFA, IFAB approve five substitutions per match, VAR optional There are 17 Champions League and 27 Europa League matches left to play. Confirmation of the new calendar depends first on leagues getting back underway and then on the health authorities allowing the games to take place. If the Champions League final is held on 29th August, the next edition could take place in September with the group phase beginning at the end of October. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Promoted Content8 Superfoods For Growing Hair Back And Stimulating Its GrowthWho’s The Best Car Manufacturer Of All Time?Birds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For ThemCouples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable WayFantastic-Looking (and Probably Delicious) Bread ArtA Guy Turns Gray Walls And Simple Bricks Into Works Of ArtThe Highest Paid Football Players In The WorldWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?Mind-Bending Technology That Was Predicted Before It AppearedPortuguese Street Artist Creates Hyper-Realistic 3D GraffitiWhy Go Veg? 7 Reasons To Do This7 Universities In The World Where Education Costs Too Much
Costa struck a hat-trick – taking his tally to seven goals from four Premier League games – as Chelsea beat Swansea 4-2 on Saturday to extend their 100 per cent winning start to the season. Midfielder Fabregas, the former Arsenal captain signed from Barcelona, laid on two assists for Costa, who joined in a £32million deal from Atletico Madrid after long being coveted by Mourinho. Press Association “There will come a time when we need a point and a 0-0 is a point or we need a victory and 1-0 is also a victory.” Mourinho will demands his defence improve, but in Costa it seems Chelsea have an added cutting edge this season. Mourinho has spoken of his upgraded strikeforce following the departures of Fernando Torres (on a two-year loan to AC Milan), Samuel Eto’o and Demba Ba, with Costa, the returning hero Didier Drogba and Loic Remy coming in. Remy took just nine minutes to open his Blues account after coming off the substitutes’ bench in place of Costa. “For me it was amazing,” the striker signed from QPR said on Chelsea TV. “I’m a striker and a striker wants to score. I was very happy after the goal and after the result. “Diego Costa is on fire at the minute and that’s good for the team. It’s good for the team to have his quality. “I really hope we’re going to stay at the same level. Even if I’m on the bench I try to do my best and score goals.” Drogba is a doubt for the Schalke clash with an ankle injury. Swansea goalkeeper Lukasz Fabianski was beaten by Costa and Remy, but reflected positively on City’s performance. “We’ll have to look at both the positives and negatives and draw some smart conclusions from there, but we did well,” Fabianski said on swanseacity.net. “In the first half I thought we dominated the game. We created lots of chances and probably shocked them with how well we were playing. “But we were hanging on a little in the closing stages of the first half as they had more possession and crosses in the box. “It isn’t a good time to concede and in the second half Chelsea pushed a lot harder.” Right-back Angel Rangel added: “We have to improve on certain areas and that’s what we will be working hard on in time for next week’s game against Southampton.” “To play with Fabregas is the dream of every striker,” Mourinho told Chelsea TV. “The guy sees the movement, sees the pass, is not selfish, makes always the right choice.” Fabregas added on Chelsea TV: “Just trying to do my job. That’s it. “We have a good team, strong, young, with a lot of courage. We showed it again.” Chelsea will have to show more in Wednesday’s Champions League Group G opener with Schalke, a match which comes ahead of a trip to Premier League holders Manchester City. The Blues have scored 15 goals in four Premier League games but, unusually for a Mourinho team, they have conceded five times in the last two games following the 6-3 win at Everton. “I don’t like (conceding), but we were analysing the goals against Everton and trying to identify the mistakes and we’ll do the same thing with these two goals (against Swansea),” Mourinho added. “If you score more goals than the opponent you win, but you want to be more consistent behind because it’s not possible to always score four, five, six or three. Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho believes playing in front of Cesc Fabregas is a dream for Diego Costa.
Press Association Ferdinand had posted in response to a fellow Twitter user who suggested his new club QPR should recruit a new defender. Ferdinand responded: “@ManCunian56: @rioferdy5 @matiousmarston Maybe QPR will sign a good CB they need one” > get ya mum in, plays the field well son! #sket” The 35-year-old QPR defender has until October 21 to respond to the charge, which was announced on Tuesday, in a disciplinary case which could have numerous repercussions. Ferdinand, who made 81 appearances for England, the last in June 2011, has been a member of FA chairman Greg Dyke’s commission looking at how to improve English football. He was also considered by the FA as a possible candidate for a FIFA vice-president until David Gill, formerly United’s chief executive, opted to stand. Ferdinand, who has 5.9million followers on Twitter, has sent more than 14,000 tweets on the website and has been a pundit for the BBC and BT Sport. An FA statement read: “It is alleged the comment posted on his twitter account was abusive and/or indecent and/or insulting and/or improper. “It is further alleged that this breach is aggravated pursuant to FA rule E3(2) as it included a reference to gender. “The player has until Tuesday, October 21 2014 to respond to the charge.” Rio Ferdinand has been given a week to decide how to respond to a Football Association misconduct charge for sending an allegedly abusive tweet. The former England captain posted a message on the social networking site on September 1 in which he used the word ‘sket’. According to the Collins English Dictionary, a ‘sket’ is “a promiscuous girl or woman”. In south Wales, it can also mean to splash with water.
Lightning struck the Washington Monument during a thunderstorm in the city Thursday night and it was caught on a Washington, D.C. news station’s sky camera.The stormy weather came as protesters continued to call for an end to police brutality after the death of George Floyd, a black man killed by a white officer in police custody, continued to demonstrate near the White House.Many commenters compared the lightning symbolically to tensions between protesters and the White House.“It might be George Washington raining down brimstone and fire cos’ he’s angry about the state of the union,” one user wrote.INSANE Video from our @wusa9 SkyCam WOOOOOW #lightning #WashingtonMonument pic.twitter.com/iYmwDwDUMO— Ryan Sprouse (@RSprouseNews) June 5, 2020
Birmingham: Australia head coach Justin Langer revealed Usman Khawaja and James Pattinson are set to play in the opening Ashes encounter on Thursday.“Usman Khawaja will definitely be in,” Langer told reporters here as quoted by www.cricket.com.au.“He’s fit, ready to go, he’s playing well.“He’s a seasoned pro for us, he averages 40-odd in Test cricket, his hammy (hamstring) is good, he’s running well, he’s passed all the fitness tests so he’s ready to go. He’ll bat No.3.”Commenting on Pattinson, Langer said: “It’s a great story isn’t it, coming back from where he was as a young bowler, the back surgeries, to more than likely being selected for this Test match, it’s a great story.”Khawaja passed a fitness test on his hamstring on Monday and will bat at No.3 in the first Test.Meanwhile, Australia’s star pacer Mitchell Starc is likely to miss out on a berth in the starting XI. Pattinson will likely to partner Pat Cummins with Starc and Josh Hazlewood fighting it out between them and Peter Siddle for the third pacers’ spot.“There’s probably three to be fair, Starcy, Peter Siddle and Josh Hazlewood, for one spot,” coach Langer was quoted as saying by The Australian.With 27 wickets, Starc was the highest wicket-taker at the just-concluded World Cup. He also picked up 22 wickets as Australia whitewashed England 4-0 in the previous Ashes series. (IANS)Also Read: Usman Khawaja, Alex Carey Push Australia to 243/9 Against Kiwis
AS predicted, Guyana Defence Force’s Kenisha Phillips and Linden’s Chantoba Bright and Compton Caesar head the list on the athletics team that will represent Guyana at this year’s Inter-Guiana ‘Goodwill’ Games set for October 20-24 in Guyana.The 28-member team of 14 boys and 14 girls was named by the Athletics Association of Guyana (AAG) yesterday, and follows the IGG selection trials held by the association last Sunday at the National Track and Field Centre, Leonora.Chantoba BrightThe full boys team reads: Compton Caesar (100m, 200m), Tyrell Peters (100m, 200m), Laurindo Prince (400m, 800m), Stayon Wilson (400m) , Anfernee Headecker (800m, 1500m), Odwin Tudor (1500m, 5000m), Delroy Leitch (5000m), Alvin George (shot put, discus), Lloyd McCurdy (javelin, long jump, triple jump), Tramaine Beckles (javelin), Treamaine Brown (long jump, triple jump), Daniels Williams (high jump), Osafa Profitt (high jump).Meanwhile, on the distaff side, in addition to Phillips (100m, 200m) and Bright (long jump, triple jump) there are Onasha Rogers (100m) Deshanna Skeete (200m, 400m), Avon Samuels (400m), Joanna Archer (800m, 1500m), Kezra Murray (800m), Shaka Tyrell (1500m, 3000m), Tabitha Bowman (3000m), Jamacia Scott (shot put, javelin), Andriska Mickle (shot put, discus, javelin), Irie Cadogan (high jump), Tatyanna Blair (high jump).The team will be competing against a team from Suriname, with each team allowed to enter two athletes per event, of the 24 events at this year’s IGG.As previously reported, the tri-nation competition is going without the participation of a delegation from French Guiana, which resulted in this year’s event being labelled a ‘Goodwill’ event.Athletics is one of seven sport disciplines listed in the annual Games, the others being swimming, table tennis, basketball, volleyball and futsal.Speaking on the selection of the team, AAG president Aubrey Hutson reminded that the athletes essentially earned their place on the team, through their performance last Sunday, and, for the most part, it was not a case where a selection committee had to sit down and deliberate over past performances.“The team, across the board, we think it’s the best team we could have selected. The athletes would have selected themselves. We had trials and it was based on the results of the trials and not based on past performance that the team was selected. Every athlete, who, based on the results and merited selection, is on that team,” Hutson commented, in a telephone interview with Chronicle Sport yesterday.Nonetheless, while the team comprises almost all of the first-place winners at last Sunday’s event, due to size restrictions only some of the athletes who would have placed second were able to make the team.“We need to bear in mind that we have 12 male and 12 female events, but we have to come up with a 14 male, 14 female squad, yet having two persons in each event. If we look at it that’s 24 (in each category) from the 24 that we need for each (category).“We can only have 14 athletes, so it’s not necessarily because you may have gotten second in a particular event that would have made you qualify for the team, because we have to control the team size,“ Hutson explained.As they compete the athletes will be fighting to defend Guyana’s title at the Championships. The Guyana athletics team won the title when the competition was last held in 2014. No competition was held last year as all three countries were dealing with national elections.
BERLIN (Reuters) – Olympic champion Eliud Kipchoge staved off a surprise challenge from Ethiopian debutant Guye Adola to win an enthralling Berlin marathon on Sunday, but missed out on his bid to set a new world record.Prior to the race, Kipchoge, fellow Kenyan Wilson Kipsang and Ethiopia’s Kenenisa Bekele had all set their sights on breaking Dennis Kimetto’s leading marathon mark of two hours, two minutes and 57 seconds along the flat, inner-city course.Instead, Kipchoge ended up becoming embroiled in a classic tussle with the 26-year-old Adola, making his marathon debut, and needed until the 41st kilometre of the damp course to shake off his last surviving rival and cross the line in 2:03:32.Adola finished 14 seconds adrift of the winner, with his Ethiopian compatriot Mosinet Geremew finishing third in 2:06:09.Kipchoge’s victory was his second in Berlin and Gladys Cherono helped recreate the roll of honour from 2015, with the Kenyan winning the women’s race in 2:20:23 to also record a second win in the event.”I am happy to have run this race. The conditions were not friendly because of the rain,“ Kipchoge told reporters. ”Luckily there was not strong wind.“I didn’t expect Adolo but I am happy for him. This is sport.”The star-studded trio made their intentions clear from the start, running at a blistering early pace that was well inside the time Kenya’s Kimetto set in the same race three years ago.The rainy conditions soon took their toll, however, and the elite men had drifted outside world record pace by the 12km mark.Reaching halfway in 61:29, Bekele was the first of the big names to fall back, his bid to become the first man to hold the 5,000m, 10,000m and marathon world records dashed in the spray kicked up from Kipsang and Kipchoge as they sped away.Former world record holder Kipsang was the next to run out of steam and walked off the course shortly after the 30km mark, setting the stage for a stunning duel between Kipchoge and Adola.Adola was determined to upstage the favourite and attempted an audacious bid to break clear after 37km but Kipchoge kept his cool and caught back up with the Ethiopian four minutes later.A revived Kipchoge then surged clear of Adola as they approached the iconic Brandenburg Gate, leaving the rookie with the consolation of setting the fastest ever debut time on a record-eligible course.Cherono was unchallenged en route to her second win in the German capital but was a minute slower than two years ago. Ruti Aga of Ethiopia was second, 19 seconds behind, and Kenya’s Valary Aiyabei was third.
Zinedine Zidane has hinted that he does not feel ready to replace Rafa Benitez as Real Madrid’s first-team coach – while the Spanish press claims Benitez will not be fired in any case.The Frenchman, who is currently in charge of Los Blancos’ Castilla side, had been tipped in some quarters to succeed the 55-year-old after Saturday’s 4-0 home defeat to Barcelona in La Liga, with a report last week saying that he was already lined up to take over should Real lose the Clasico.Real did lose the Clasico – and emphatically so – but Zidane has now spoken publicly and insists he still lacks what is needed to manage at the highest level.“I’m the coach of Castilla. Benitez is [coach] of the first team and things are fine,” Zidane said after Castilla’s 0-0 draw with Barakaldo in Segunda B on Sunday.“I’m here to coach Castilla. I ended last season with the feeling that something was missing. I’m stubborn as I didn’t meet my objectives [of promotion to La Segunda], but I must meet them.”He added: “I have a lot to learn, but a coach never knows too much. Like a player, I’m learning little by little and not rushing anything. I’m with Castilla and I’ll go on this way.” –Follow Joy Sports on Twitter: @Joy997FM. Our hashtag is #JoySports