Former Brazil star Rivaldo says that he expects Real Madrid to get better under Zinedine Zidane while urging club supporters to not panic just yet.Real Madrid settled for a stunning 1-1 draw with Real Valladolid this past weekend, dropping the club’s first points in the second match of the club’s La Liga campaign.While early in the season, the draw did raise doubts that carried over from last season, a campaign that saw Real Madrid go through both Julen Lopetegui and Santiago Solari before re-hiring Zidane to manage the team. Article continues below Editors’ Picks What is Manchester United’s ownership situation and how would Kevin Glazer’s sale of shares affect the club? Ox-rated! Dream night in Genk for Liverpool ace after injury nightmare Messi a man for all Champions League seasons – but will this really be Barcelona’s? Are Chelsea this season’s Ajax? Super-subs Batshuayi & Pulisic show Blues can dare to dream And Rivaldo says Zidane’s return will be enough to lead Real Madrid back to where they belong after settling for a third-place finish last season.”Even dropping points at home last weekend in La Liga, I don’t see why the club and fans might start to panic, after all we are just starting the league and Barcelona also lost their first game,” Rivaldo told BetFair.”Those kind of thoughts should only come after 10 matches or so, and if things are not improving.”Zinedine Zidane is re-setting his tone on the team and soon things should get better. The club will battle for La Liga and Champions League, but I don’t doubt that they might make a move in the transfer market before the transfer deadline.”One move that has been talked about has been the pursuit of Neymar, although that pursuit now looks to be all but over with the transfer window winding down.That move was rumoured to include a swap for Vinicius Junior, with the young Brazilian heading to Paris Saint-Germain to replace his compatriot.But 2002 World Cup-winner Rivaldo, who earned 74 caps for Brazil, says Vinicius should stay on at Real Madrid and develop under Zidane. “Apparently, PSG talked about Vinicius Junior moving from Madrid to France as part of a potential Neymar transfer to Real Madrid deal, but I wouldn’t accept it, if I was Vinicius,” he said.”Of course, it would depend on the player’s will of playing more often, but he played well last season and should not rush a move, after all he is on the best possible stage to shine at Real Madrid.”
TORONTO — Wind Mobile said Monday that chief executive Anthony Lacavera is giving up the chief executive role at the wireless company, but will remain its chairman and a major investor.The company named chief operating officer Pietro Cordova as its new chief executive.The change follows a deal last month that saw a Lacavera-led investment group buy out Wind Mobile’s foreign owner VimpelCom.Wind Mobile slashes roaming rates after Ottawa’s price capsLacavera has been a prominent voice for the upstart wireless company in its fight to establish itself amid stiff competition from the big telecommunication companies.Wind Mobile says he continue to have an active role at the board level, including working on business planning and strategy.The company has more than 750,000 customers in Canada.