Former WSU QB Luke Falk among Tennessee Titans cuts

first_img Published: September 1, 2018, 4:47pm By TERESA M. WALKER, AP Pro Football Writer Share: Receive latest stories and local news in your email: NASHVILLE, Tenn. — Tennessee right tackle Jack Conklin will start the season on the active roster after the Titans waived 35 players and placed two others on injured reserve to reach the NFL’s 53-man limit.The Titans announced their roster moves Saturday, a couple hours before the league’s afternoon deadline.Conklin tore his left ACL on Jan. 13 in a divisional playoff loss in New England, and he spent the preseason on the physically unable to perform list, raising questions about how much of the season he might miss. By not starting the season on the PUP list, the tackle will be available whenever he’s deemed ready to play instead of sitting out the next six weeks.“I would just say that Jack is progressing and doing well,” Vrabel said Friday.Veteran Dennis Kelly filled in at right tackle for Conklin through the offseason and preseason. But the starting job is Conklin’s after he was the eighth draft pick overall in 2016 out of Michigan State before having an All-Pro rookie season . Conklin is just the fifth player to start his first 32 games as a draft pick of this franchise since 1999. GO By signing up you are agreeing to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service. Former WSU QB Luke Falk among Tennessee Titans cuts Titans right tackle Jack Conklin starts season active Share: Tennessee Titans quarterback Luke Falk (11) plays against the Minnesota Vikings in the first half of a preseason NFL football game Thursday, Aug. 30, 2018, in Nashville, Tenn. (AP Photo/Mark Zaleski) The Titans open the season Sept. 9 at Miami.Coming off a second straight 9-7 season and the team’s first playoff victory in 14 years , the Titans currently have four undrafted rookies on the roster. Cameron Batson of Texas Tech is the sixth wide receiver and is joined by offensive lineman Aaron Stinnie of James Madison, linebacker Sharif Finch of Temple, and defensive end Matt Dickerson of UCLA.The Titans waived offensive lineman Xavier Su’a-Filo, a veteran signed this offseason to add experienced depth .They also waived quarterback Luke Falk, who had been the fourth and final member of Tennessee’s small draft class. The QB from Washington State played the Titans’ final preseason game, a 13-3 loss to Minnesota, and Falk was 13 of 24 for 114 yards. But the Titans also added veteran Blaine Gabbert to back up Marcus Mariota.Tennessee placed receiver Devin Ross and punter/kicker Austin Barnard on injured reserve. The Titans also waived undrafted rookie linebacker Robert Spillane, who led the team and ranked seventh in the NFL with 24 combined tackles this preseason.last_img read more

Micheál Martin asks Enda Kenny to withdraw a partisan slur Taoiseach declines

first_img Micheál Martin was unhappy with the Taoiseach’s answers in the Dáil today Source: Screengrab/Oireachtas TVKenny insisted that he does not engage in “low partisan politics” and described many of the documents related to the bank guarantee that do exist as “inconsequential” listing details of fax notes, memos for government and cover sheets. “I would have expected that at a time when this country was entering into both the background and the process of a really difficult economic recession that there would have been fairly regular meetings about the seriousness of this, but that’s not the case.”Responding, Martin said that Kenny was being “very selective” and noted that some of the documents concerned government memos and again insisted that in suggesting documents had been shredded Kenny had committed “a slur on the previous taoiseach”.“There was no attempt to disappear any records… and you should withdraw that assertion,” Martin said.As previously disclosed by this website, of the 146 different documents only 35 have been fully or partially released documents with most withheld under section 19 of the Freedom of Information Act concerning the confidentiality of government records.Documents released include press releases already in the public domain, fax cover sheets, and correspondence with Oireachtas officials.While an “urgent’” letter from the then president of European Central Bank Jean-Claude Trichet to then Taoiseach Brian Cowen is withheld, an acknowledgement of receipt of the letter was released.Other descriptions of withheld documents include ‘minutes of Government meeting’, a ‘memorandum for government’, a ‘draft guarantee bill’ and notes concerning discussions on 30 September 2008 – the date the Fianna Fáil-led government made the decision to guarantee the entire Irish banking system.Read: No written record of Taoiseach asking for bank guarantee documentsPreviously: Did the Taoiseach talk to staff in his department about the bank guarantee?Fianna Fáil: Claims of no bank guarantee documents are ‘a lie’, and this FOI proves it ENDA KENNY HAS declined an opportunity to withdraw what Micheál Martin has described as a “partisan slur” on Brian Cowen over claims that documents related to the bank guarantee were disappeared or shredded in the Department of the Taoiseach.The Taoiseach was speaking during Dáil questions this afternoon when he said he was satisfied that his department complies with the National Archives Act when it comes to securing and maintaining government records.Kenny has repeatedly stated on the Dáil record that there is a paucity of documentation relating to the night of the guarantee, suggesting in June 2012 that documents may have been “either shredded or has been disposed of or dispatched of”.However, Freedom of Information requests have since uncovered that there are at least 146 different records related to the guarantee, a schedule of which has previously been published by this website.In the Dáil today, Martin said that the Department of the Taoiseach’s secretary general Martin Fraser, whose responsibility it is to maintain documentation, had confirmed that officials are “fully in compliance” with their legal responsibilities when it comes to securing government papers.The Fianna Fáil leader asked if the Taoiseach was now capable of “withdrawing that partisan slur” saying documents had not been tampered with or disappeared.last_img read more